- Notice that others seem to really enjoy themselves regardless of appearance.
- Look around. Most people are not staring at and judging others. They are having fun... playing, swimming, laughing, relaxing. Join them. There is no audience. You don't need the approval of strangers.
- Assert your needs with the people you are with. Get support to stay out of your head and stay body positive.
- Leave E.D. at home...he wasn't invited today. If he shows up, send him away. You deserve a break.
- There is no beauty contest today and they will not be awarding tiaras. If you start comparing or competing, knock it off. The prize today is being at the beach. Everyone there wins.
- Function not form, function not form, function not form. Celebrate what your body can do.
- Play with some children. Play like a child.
- Lose your mind and come to your senses. Feel, smell, move, listen, see, taste. Be here now. Think some other time.
Dr. Rick Kilmer